Wednesday 18 November 2015

MOA Math Fair - exit slip

I just attended the Math Fair at the Museum of Anthropology. The students from West Point Academy were there, presenting mathematical problems in pairs of two.
I was very impressed by the presentations made by the young people. They were professional, and evidently very proud of their work. I was amazed by their eagerness in presenting their problems to us (the "grown-ups"). I felt they had put so much work into it, and were happy to show off the fruit of their labours. The students were cooperating very well together, and took turns presenting. They helped us with hints and clues as we tried solving the problems. They looked proud when we told them how well they did.
This experience of the Math Fair really encouraged me. From the way the students responded to this project, I would say that it was very successful. It would be worth doing in the schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment